The IT Technician level 1 is a position that will assist in operating the IT Help Desk. This position requires a strong ability to communicate with end users and deliver exceptional internal support.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Diagnose computer problems over the phone determining the source of the problem.
- Prioritize requests for technical assistance.
- Working knowledge of basic network and troubleshooting techniques.
- Act resourceful before escalating to another level.
- Provide remote support for end users.
- Be able to provide support through email and other electronic mediums.
- Install OS, applications and company software on computers, configuring as needed
- Maintain software and hardware inventories.
- Assist with onboarding and offboarding processes
- Microsoft Active Directory services experience desired.
- Microsoft System Center experience desired
- Malware and Antivirus response
- Documentation of tickets, processes and configurations
- Foundation skills; solid functional area knowledge (level 1-2); basic IT and Healthcare knowledge
- Performs simple and moderately complex tasks independently; consistently delivers quality work, on-time; proven ability to take on additional responsibilities; demonstrates appropriate knowledge and proficiency; excellent core value performance.
- High School Diploma required
- Associates degree in computer field desirable but not required
- MCTS or A+ certification desirable but not required
- Installing Windows client operating systems (currently Windows 7)
- SQL Server 2005/2008 knowledge helpful, but not required
- Windows Server 2008/2012 helpful, but not required
- MAC/Linux knowledge helpful, but not required
- 3 years
- Service oriented
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong technical skills using a personal computer
- Ability to decipher a problem over the phone and through email
- Able to work independently and stay on task
PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS POSITION
- Maintain emotional control under stress
- Maintain positive attitude when dealing with end users
- Ability to do some bending, climbing, and walking occasionally
- Ability to occasionally lift and carry heavy objects (45 lbs or over).
Ability to tolerate, use, work with, in, or under:
- Florescent lighting
- Recycled air
- Semi-enclosed areas
- Central heating and air conditioning
- Office noise
The key physical requirements for this position include the ability to move freely through an office environment and the use of standard office equipment including PCs, Fax machines, Copiers and Phone Systems.
- Able to determine right/wrong with common sense
- High School equivalent
- Proficient in English
It is the policy of PLEXIS Healthcare Systems, Inc. to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.